Note to existing and prospective members on the newly introduced General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which takes effect on 25th May 2018.
- The Civil Service Sailing Association (CSSA) will always comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when dealing with your personal data. Details of how we hold your personal data and your rights can be found at CSSA Business
CSSA Sailing – a great sport for all ages, enjoyed by both families and individuals all across the UK.
- Whether you live near the coast or many miles from the sea
- Whether you’re interested in pottering around an inland lake or battling the elements in an offshore yacht race, then think about the Civil Service Sailing Association “CSSA”.
- The key to great sailing experiences is you! Get in touch with our clubs to discover the opportunities awaiting you!
The CSSA provides sailing facilities at various locations around the UK, and offers training on both dinghies and yachts at all levels, from complete beginner to experienced ocean racer.
Members of the CSSC and their families are welcome to join the CSSA – there is no additional cost – and take advantage of opportunities to enjoy gentle sailing, competitive racing, coastal cruising or offshore challenges!
CSSC membership is not just limited to traditional “Civil Service” organisations. Staff and families from organisation such as British Telecommunications, the Post Office, NHS, Police Service and over 100 other former government bodies and agencies. This is a very broad community and represents the inclusive nature of the CSSC. The CSSC and CSSA are keen to appeal to a wider cross section of people to join and get involved.
For all the information on CSSC including details on membership click membership link.
The CSSA offers:
- Six clubs providing dinghy and yacht sailing
- Three great CSSA-owned yachts, which are purchased and maintained through charter fees, and are available for members to use either as crew or skipper (for those with relevant qualifications)
- Yacht moorings on the south coast
- Opportunities to take part in dinghy, paddle boarding, wind surfing and yacht racing events
- Squib Keelboats! These are a speciality craft at Rutland “RCCSC”. These craft are a “half way” house between a Dinghy to Yacht. Check these out as you develop your sailing knowledge and skills
If you are looking to start sailing and explore the sport check out our membership page for a summary of the types of sailing experiences you can start with and where that experience may lead you in terms of courses to develop your sailing skills
There are also many taster courses advertised across our sailing clubs. Check out this link to discover more ( Summary Schedule )
The pictures below show some of the sailing activities taking place across our regional clubs – yachts, dinghies & keel boats …
Opportunities await you, so get in touch with our clubs and take to the water!