We have rescheduled our postponed CSSA AGM 2020 as a virtual AGM to be held by Zoom from 1400 on Saturday 21st November 2020. A virtual Special General Meeting will immediately follow the AGM to consider proposed changes to the constitution. A face-to-face component of the meeting appears unlikely under COVID-19 restrictions on groups as they stand as we go to press (10th September). Should a face-to-face meeting become possible, this will be held at Littleton SC, TW17 0NF. For details monitor this page.
Registrations received by email at firstname.lastname@example.org before 31st October will receive a Zoom meeting invitation giving you Zoom access to the CSSA AGM and SGM. Please use ZOOM in the heading if you have no intention of joining a face-to-face meeting. Please use FACE in the heading (and monitor this page) if you may join a face-to-face meeting. Face-to-face places, if any, will be allocated in order of registration.
- To receive the Commodore’s report for the period ended 31st December 2019*
- To receive the statements of account made up to 31st December 2019+
- To appoint Auditors to 31st December 2020
- To consider Motions submitted
- To note the appointment of the General Committee for the period April 2020-April 2021
* The CSSA Annual report was published in the July ’20 edition of CS Sailing and is available below.
+ Abridged statements were published in the March ’20 edition of CS Sailing, but members may obtain the full version by sending an email with your CSSA membership number to email@example.com
|Commodore||Graham Dalton||April 2018 April 2021|
|Vice Commodore||Paul Brereton||April 2019 April 2022||Brian Grubb||Mike Childs|
|Rear-Commodore (Offshore Sailing)||James Savage||April 2019 April 2021||Paul Brereton||Brian Grubb|
|Rear-Commodore (Dinghy Sailing)||Andrew Selves||April 2019 April 2021||Paul Brereton||Iain Mackay|
|General Secretary||Brian Stevenson||April 2019 April 2021||General Committee|
|Treasurer||Brian Grubb||April 2019 April 2021||General Committee|
|Offshore Secretary||Co-options invited|
|Dinghy Secretary||Co-options invited|
|Membership Secretary||Ken Pavitt||April 2020 April 2021||General Committee|
|Public Relations Officer||Eileen Kitts||April 2020 April 2021||General Committee|
|Training Officer||Co-options invited|
|Safety Officer||Co-options invited|
|Members (maximum 9)||Martin Hugo||April 2020 April 2021||General Committee|
|Deborah Ward||April 2020 April 2021||General Committee|
|Plus representatives appointed
by each CSSA Division
Special General Meeting (SGM)
A Special General Meeting will immediately follow the AGM on 21st November 2020 to consider four proposed changes to the constitution.
The proposed changes are –
- To open the time window for holding the AGM from April to between 1st April and 30 th June
- To make clear that remote participants have full voting rights
- To provide for reconvening a quorate general meeting should a general meeting be inquorate
- To remove reference to the obsolete Associate Membership
A copy of the constitution marked with the proposed revisions is posted below.
Papers for AGM 2020 and SGM
*New* Motions to update the CSSA constitution at the SGM – ver 6th Nov 2020
[Motions to update the CSSA constitution at the SGM, Nov 2020 – ver 1st Oct]
*New* The CSSA Constitution proposal for revision – ver. 6th Nov 2020
[The CSSA Constitution with proposed revisions – ver. 1st Oct 2020]
[The CSSA Constitution with proposed amendments for consideration at the SGM]
CSSA Annual Report 2019
Minutes of the AGM 2019